Have a job to post? Members post for free. Email your job description to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Current Openings at these Companies:
Alcom USA - CLICK HERE
Allagash Brewing Company - CLICK HERE
Alternative Manufacturing, Inc. - CLICK HERE
AVX Corporation - CLICK HERE
Duratherm Window - CLICK HERE
Elmet Technologies – CLICK HERE
Evonik-Cyro, LLC - CLICK HERE
Fiber Materials, Inc. - CLICK HERE
General Dynamics OTS – CLICK HERE
Hunting Dearborn – CLICK HERE
Hussey Seating – CLICK HERE
IDEXX – CLICK HERE
LL Bean – CLICK HERE
Mid-State Machine Products, Inc. – CLICK HERE
Mölnlycke Healthcare - CLICK HERE
Nichols Portland, LLC - CLICK HERE
ON Semiconductor – CLICK HERE
Pallet One of Maine - CLICK HERE
Paradigm Window Solutions - CLICK HERE
Pratt & Whitney – CLICK HERE
Procter & Gamble – CLICK HERE
Puritan Medical Products, LLC - CLICK HERE
Sabre Yachts - CLICK HERE
Texas Instruments – CLICK HERE
+ Northeast Laboratory Services -Facility/Maintenance Manager
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
The Facility Manager is responsible for maintaining the buildings and grounds of the company, directing staff and overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies. The manager will ensure the buildings and grounds are maintained, which entails daily and weekly cleaning schedules as well as determining and scheduling repairs, renovation projects, waste reduction improvements and safety inspections. The Facility Manager is in charge of a budget and must negotiate with outside vendors for supplies, repairs and other measures. The Facility Manager is responsible for daily boiler operations as well as the oversight of the Maintenance Technicians and Custodian.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure safe and proper boiler operation and inspection scheduling.
- Oversees, prioritizes, schedules, and assigns plant and equipment maintenance, including housekeeping operations and vehicle repairs.
- Approves and assigns all material and project billing to appropriate departments. Supervises and trains assigned maintenan ce staff as required.
- Provides necessary tools, parts, equipment and supplies.
- Provides equipment and project quotes.
- Schedules all plumbing, electrical and environmental systems for routine and emergency repairs.
- Primary point of contact for subcontractors.
- Maintains media production equipment and all associated documentation.
- Coordinates maintenance activities with affected department supervisors.
- Updates and maintains records, charts, blueprints, handbook, or other documents.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Performs all duties in accordance with established safety guidelines.
- Occasional prolonged overhead work, walking, crawling, kneeling and stair climbing.
- Frequent heavy lifting.
- The Facility Manager is responsible for the overall supervision, direction, coordination and evaluation of the maintenance and janitorial staff.
- The manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with NEL’s policies and applicable laws.
- Recommends and coordinates purchases pertaining to the facility.
- Negotiates contracts, price variations and maintains business relations with subcontractors.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Hiring and training employees
- Planning, assigning and directing work
- Appraising performance
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education: Technical Degree, BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred
Experience: Five or more years’ experience in mechanical, electrical, pneumatics, HVAC, carpentry, plumbing with previous supervisory experience. Maine Boiler Operator License highly preferred.
- Experience working with project planning.
- Dexterity required.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Must have computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical to include eye exam, grip strength testing, lift 50 lbs. to chest height and 20 lbs overhead.
Interested candidates can contact:
Vickie L. Massey, Human Resource Manager, at email@example.com or (207) 873-7711 ext 311
+ JØTUL - Process Technician
Jotul is looking for a full time Process Technician to document its operation’s work instructions and best practices in electronic format. This person will conduct time studies, work station line balancing and associated work step documentation.
The process technician is responsible for creating and maintaining standard operating procedures for assembly, sheet metal, weld, and parts accessories; and participating in identifying and implementing problem solving and process improvement.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong technical ability, relationship building, and strong computer skills that include Excel and Powerpoint. Attention to detail, accuracy, problem solving, and proficient use of digital camera(s) and related photographic equipment are required. An Associate degree in Technical or Engineering field is preferred.
Interested candidates can e-mail a resume and cover letter to Careers@Jotulnoamer.com or contact HR at 591-6619.
Jotul North America
55 Hutcherson Drive
+ Duratherm Window - Project Manager, Assistant Estimator, Fine Woodworker
Employer: Duratherm Window
Position Title(/s): Project Manager, Assistant Estimator, Fine Woodworker
General Summary(/ies): Project Manager/Assist. Estimator
J. Gaudet Associates is working closely with Duratherm Window Corporation, a Vassalboro, Maine manufacturer of high-quality hardwood windows and doors, to manage their search for a Project Manager and Assistant Estimator. This is an entry-level, direct hire position.
As project manager, the incumbent is the contact person for all internal and external communications on assigned projects and works closely with drafting, production management, and shipping personnel, ensuring that all work is completed and that products are received by customers as expected. As assistant estimator, the incumbent prepares estimates and proposal documentation, follows up on cost proposals, prepares documentation for use by drafting, billing and production personnel, and applies updates to final shop drawings.
Qualified applicants will have post-secondary education and/or training in building technology, drafting, or a related field. In addition, this position requires demonstrated experience reading and interpreting blueprints and shop drawings, experience performing takeoffs, proficiency with AutoCAD or similar computer aided design software, and proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. This position also requires an appropriate math aptitude and the demonstrated ability to be thorough, accurate and timely when accomplishing tasks.
Duratherm Window Corporation employees enjoy a great work environment, opportunities for career advancement and an excellent benefits program. Learn more about Duratherm by visiting our website.
If you are looking for a new opportunity and would like to work with great people at a dynamic and growing company, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Duratherm Window Corporation and J. Gaudet Associates are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers.
J. Gaudet Associates is working closely with Duratherm Window Corporation, a Vassalboro, Maine manufacturer of high-quality hardwood windows and doors, to manage their search for a fine woodworker who will also serve as a team leader. This is a direct hire opportunity.
As a fine woodworker, the majority of your work day will be devoted to utilizing your hands-on finish carpentry and/or cabinetry skills. As a technical resource to your team members, you will communicate operational information, and monitory quality and safety standards.
If you have finish carpentry or fine cabinet-making experience and a desire to be on a winning team, we want to hear from you. While related technical school education is a plus, most important is the desire you have to use your fine woodworking talents and leadership skills to help your team members build the finest quality windows and doors, Made in Maine. In addition, experience you have working in a production setting requiring high attention to quality and detail will be helpful.
As a Duratherm Window Corporation employee, you will enjoy a great work environment, opportunities for career advancement and an excellent benefits program. Learn more about Duratherm by visiting our website.
If you would like to work with great people at a dynamic and growing company, apply online or email your resume to email@example.com
Duratherm Window Corporation and J. Gaudet Associates are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers.
+ Fiber Materials, Inc. - Needle Makers, Loom Operators, Hand Weavers
Needle Makers, Loom Operators, Hand Weavers
Employer: Fiber Materials, Inc.
With a long history of innovation in the aerospace industry, FMI has the capability to expand into a variety of applications that are well suited to performance materials.
Position Title: Needle Maker, Loom Operator, Hand Weaver.
General Summary: Fiber Materials Inc. in Biddeford, Maine is HIRING! We are expected to almost double in size in the next 2 years. We are looking to hire high school graduates (or equivalent) immediately or for this summer. Please share and post the attached flyer.
Interested candidates can view the job descriptions by following these links: Needle Makers, Loom Operators and Hand Weavers. These positions pay $14.50 - $16 / hour. And the schedule for Needle Makers is seasonal or part-time and flexible!
FMI was recently highlighted in a Maine Biz article and check out this video that highlights the Manufacturing that we do at FMI. Anyone is welcome to reach out to me with questions or apply online.
+ Molecular Diagnotics Products - Quality Assurance Specialst II
Quality Assurance Specialist II: Molecular Diagnostic Products
Employer: Maine Molecular Quality Controls, Inc. (MMQCI) designs, develops, manufactures, and markets unique quality control products used by hospital laboratories to monitor the accuracy of tests for inherited disease, pharmacogenetics, oncology, and infectious diseases. MMQCI has developed technologies to stabilize DNA and RNA for use as quality controls and continues to pursue the discovery of novel techniques useful for the development of new quality control products. We are a small, growing company that offers a relaxed but challenging work environment.
POSITION TITLE: Quality Assurance Specialist II
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Quality Assurance Specialist II is responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation. Under the supervision of the Manager of QA/ RA, the QA Specialist II is responsible for implementation, management, and maintenance of policies, procedures, and systems that ensure quality compliance to MMQCI’s Quality System, based on federal Quality System Regulation 21CFR820. The successful candidate has a strong in vitro laboratory diagnostic industry background and is experienced in using and maintaining a Quality System according to 21CFR820. It is expected that the QA Specialist II will rapidly develop sufficient expertise to function independently. Maine Molecular is looking for the person with the energy and experience to step into this vital position in a growing company and grow along with us.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and approves all MMQCI Quality System documentation to ensure compliance with established procedures and regulatory compliance requirements, including, but not limited to,
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Master Batch Records, Change Orders, Material Review
- Notices (MRNs) and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs).
- Works closely with Manufacturing to investigate MRNs and establish CAPAs addressing root cause.
- Reviews and approves validations of new equipment and processes.
- Assists or performs internal audits and supplier audits.
- Supports FDA and customer audits.
- Assembles Device Master Records for new products.
- Presents Quality Metrics periodically and at Management Review meetings.
- Oversees training documentation of all MMQCI employees.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Education Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences and at least 5 years of employment in a cGMP regulated facility and at least 2 years of experience in Quality Assurance.
- Excellent proof reading skills are required.
- Knowledge of current GMP regulations is required.
- Very detail oriented.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 is preferred.
- Experience in laboratory medicine is highly preferred.
- Good communication skills, written and oral, with excellent computer skills including Excel.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to meet challenging timelines, in spite of obstacles.
- Willingness to learn and pitch in as part of team
- Ability to communicate clearly and constructively to correct non-conforming behaviors and
- Must be a nonsmoker due to product contamination prevention requirements.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Profit sharing plan
- Sick leave
How to apply: by Email/ No Phone inquiries accepted
A cover letter is required.
Maine Molecular Quality Controls, Inc.
23 Mill Brook Road
Saco, Maine 04072
MMQCI is conveniently located in beautiful southern coastal Maine, minutes from the Maine Turnpike, Portland International Jetport, and less than 2 hours from Boston. Close by are fabulous Portland restaurants, sandy beaches, and a plentiful supply of Maine lobsters! Many terrific outdoor activities are easily accessible including hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing, skiing and snowshoeing. We’re in a state-of-the-art facility + located in Saco, right next to the Eastern Trail. Come join us!
+ JØtul - Documentation Intern
If you have the knack for creative technical writing, then read on... JØTUL is looking for a part time documentation intern to assist in production of company publications. These include consumer instruction manuals, training guides, dealer communications, product labels, and processes, etc. This is a 6-9 month assignment, working 20-30 hrs\wk during regular business hours of 8am-5pm Mon-Fri. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong technical ability, and good organizational skills. Attention to detail, accuracy, adaptability, and creativity a must.
Department: Research & Development
Job Status: Intern
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Reports To: Documentation Manager
Amount of Travel Required: None
Work Schedule: Core hours as advised by manager. Flexible hours beyond core hours as needed.
Positions Supervised: None
POSITION SUMMARY: To assist in production of company publications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Assist in management of the production and maintenance of technical documents related to all aspects of the company’s products. These include consumer Instruction Manuals, retailer and in-house Training Guides, Dealer Communications, Product Labels, Production Processes, Test Lab/ Product Development Documentation.
- Practices Lean Manufacturing Processes unique to position
- Adheres to all safety guidelines, and actively participates in required programs such as ergonomic evaluations and
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Enrolled in 4 year college program
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Computer Skills
o Word or equivalent
o Adobe Illustrator or Freehand or equivalents
o Adobe inDesign or equivalents
- Excellent Writing Skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Stand - O (Occasionally)
- Walk - O (Occasionally)
- Sit - F (Frequently)
- Handling / Fingering - F (Frequently)
- Reach Outward - O (Occasionally)
- Reach Above Shoulder - O (Occasionally)
- Climb N (Not Applicable)
- Crawl N (Not Applicable)
- Squat or Kneel - O (Occasionally)
- Bend - O (Occasionally)
- 10 lbs or less - O (Occasionally)
- 11-20 lbs - O (Occasionally)
- 21-50 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
- 51-100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
- Over 100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
- 12 lbs or less - O (Occasionally)
- 13-25 lbs - O (Occasionally)
- 26-40 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
- 41-100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision - (Near, Distance)
- Sense of Sound (85 decibels)
- Sense of Touch
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, steel toe shoes)
This position is both an office and warehouse position. While in the warehouse, temperature seasonally can be 90-100 degrees.
Interested candidates can e-mail a resume and cover letter to Careers@Jotulnoamer.com or contact HR at 591-6619.
+ Helical Solutions - Project Manager
Helical Solutions, part of Harvey Performance Company is a fun, dynamic, and fast-growing company of people who care about community, celebrating our successes, and creating opportunities for personal and professional advancement. Our Project Manager will focus on our new facility project, among other initiatives. This person will be responsible for coordinating and managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project from start-up through closeout. This position will work closely with the project manager, project team, and interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
POSITION DETAILS: As a Project Manager, you will support our new facility plan, along with other projects, in the following capacity:
- Regularly update project schedules, status reports, ad hoc reports and timeline forecasts.
- Lead the tracking and communication of project status and performance against goals.
- Maintain awareness of activity taking place within different work-streams, and seeks to identity and resolve resource constraints.
- Responsible for issue identification, resolution and escalation. Capture associated project risks and assist in the development of mitigation plans.
- Take lead in organizing and leading regular project team meetings; identifies and documents and manages action items
- Provide project status updates to stakeholders and alert of any project delivery delays.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships at a project level.
- Support scheduling of resources.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING:
- Proven experience in project management in manufacturing or related industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field.
- Functional knowledge of key business processes.
- Financial acumen, with an ability to evaluate budgets accounting, business case development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with tact and context to ensure alignment within the project team
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with many moving parts.
- Knowledge of project management methods and tools, including Microsoft Project and Excel.
Harvey Performance is the leading North American designer and manufacturer of specialty carbide end mills and cutting tools used to cut and shape metals in precision machining applications, comprising the brands Harvey Tool Company and Helical Solutions. The company is the solution provider of choice for distributors and end users addressing complex machining challenges across a wide range of end markets, materials and applications.
The company has a highly scalable business model and an organization with both the plans and the resources needed to achieve further growth through SKU expansion in new and existing categories, increased share of purchases from existing customers, and acquisition of new end users. The Company has a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that promotes operational excellence and employee growth.
For more information on how to apply, please contact:
Human Resources Manager
+ The Maine Bucket Company - Sales & Marketing Manager
Job Title: Sales & Marketing Manager
Key Responsibilities: Sales and customer service, marketing, estimating, contract and pricing negotiation, occasional travel for trade shows, maintenance of accounts, including new sales, marketing, etc. Development of new products, key accounts and custom products. Provide quotes on all special or “custom order products” by communicating directly with customers.
Candidate must possess:
- Strong background in Customer Service a must, with at least two years’ experience
- Excellent verbal, organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in computer navigation including QB, Word, Excel, Outlook & Web
- Good time management with a strong work ethic to achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Successful candidate would be self-motivated and have ability to multi task with the vision to promote sales & product knowledge to customers.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Attention to detail a must
Only motivated, friendly & outgoing people with the desire to succeed and make a difference need to apply. This is a highly team oriented environment.
Please call Alison Buckley in our HR department with any questions or to request an application at 207-784-6700.