Have a job to post? Members post for free. Email your job description to email@example.com to get started!
Current Openings at these Companies:
Alcom USA - CLICK HERE
Allagash Brewing Company - CLICK HERE
Alternative Manufacturing, Inc. - CLICK HERE
AVX Corporation - CLICK HERE
Elmet Technologies – CLICK HERE
Evonik-Cyro, LLC - CLICK HERE
Fiber Materials, Inc. - CLICK HERE
General Dynamics OTS – CLICK HERE
Hunting Dearborn – CLICK HERE
Hussey Seating – CLICK HERE
IDEXX – CLICK HERE
LL Bean – CLICK HERE
Mid-State Machine Products, Inc. – CLICK HERE
Mölnlycke Healthcare - CLICK HERE
Nichols Portland, LLC - CLICK HERE
ON Semiconductor – CLICK HERE
Pallet One of Maine - CLICK HERE
Paradigm Window Solutions - CLICK HERE
Pratt & Whitney – CLICK HERE
Procter & Gamble – CLICK HERE
Sabre Yachts - CLICK HERE
Texas Instruments – CLICK HERE
+ JSI Store Fixtures--Director of Engineering
JOB TITLE: Director of Engineering
SUPERVISOR: Company President
Conceived in 1991 as a family business, JSI Store Fixtures Incorporated, headquartered in Milo, Maine, has grown to include facilities in Bangor, Maine, Payson, Utah, and Collingwood, Ontario. JSI's product offering consists of display fixtures, patented foam products and refrigerated fixtures that are designed to showcase merchandise in produce, bakery, floral, wine and other high-traffic areas around a grocery store's perimeter. The company's guiding philosophy is to design and offer quality displays to its customers, to merchandise product better, resulting in higher retail sales.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION The Director of Engineering will report into the Company President and oversee all wood product development and production support activities. The successful candidate will be well versed in driving system & process improvements in a fast growing, high-mix/low-volume business environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Mentor and coach the engineering staff to maintain a culture of high performance and customer service (both internal and external customers).
- Develop and maintain appropriate metrics that create stretch goals for the team and deliver superior performance for the business.
- Oversee new product engineering, manufacturing engineering, production support staff, and product data management.
- Ensure timely & accurate execution of the customer design & quote process with urgency for all timelines and deadlines.
- Ensure quality is designed into the products using a robust Design-for-Manufacturability methodology.
- Increase margins through aggressive cost reduction initiatives using value engineering and procurement synergies.
- Improve systems & processes to reduce non-value-added activities within the product development, procurement and production launch process.
- Oversee & improve engineering and operations systems and processes.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships with the sales team and proficient understanding of all customer needs.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years
- Formal training and practical application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Formal training and practical application of a DFM methodology and concurrent engineering Other: Willing to travel up to 5 weeks/year
- Leadership and mentoring abilities across departments in a multi-site enterprise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong materials and manufacturing knowledge related to wood and retail fixtures preferred
- Strong competency in SolidWorks, ePDM Vault, AutoCAD, and CAM software
- Competency in ERP systems including BOM theory, Infor VISUAL preferred
- Strong systems development, integration skillset and project management tools
- Financial acumen to understand basic P&L and budgeting processes
- Basic computer competencies with Microsoft Office software
- Basic understanding of customizations including macros, application development, database queries and custom reporting
+ Institute for Family Owned Business--Internship
Institute for Family Owned Business—Internship Opportunity
The IFOB and Colby College once again are partnering to honor outstanding IFOB leader, Timothy B. Hussey
Timothy Hussey was one of our founding members of the IFOB and in his honor we have created the “Timothy B. Hussey Internship Program” which is a $2500 stipend given to a Colby student to work with a Maine family-owned business.
Students will need to write a 250 word statement as to why they want to work for a family-owned business. This process is done in the Handshake application through Colby College.
Family-owned businesses who are interested in having an intern work with them from Colby and want to be entered into the opportunity to host for this years internship program should contact Sarah below. The company does not need to be a member of the IFOB to participate.
Associate Director of Employer Engagement
+ Howell Labs - Purchasing Agent
Would you like to:
- Help support a fast-paced production team through the timely procurement of components, the development of supplier relationships and problem solving?
- Work and live in the picturesque Lakes Region of Maine, with year-round recreational opportunities & a fantastic quality of life?
- Have the stability of working for a company that has well-established product lines and a continuing R&D strategy for future growth?
- Work with a dedicated team of employee owners towards a common goal?
If so, come and check us out. We are Howell Laboratories/Shively Labs, a 100% Employee-Owned Company, located in Bridgton, Maine. For more than 50 years, we have been supplying specialty air-drying, water treatment, and moisture-measurement equipment for maritime markets, as well as FM antennas and filters for broadcast industries. You will find us on every major US Naval ship and hear us on your FM radio throughout the world.
We are looking for someone capable of working in a fast-paced, highly detailed manufacturing environment with minimal supervision. The successful candidate must have experience working with a high-end ERP system (Epicor preferred, but experience with SAP and similar systems is relevant). While the primary responsibility is to purchase all materials and supplies to keep our factory operating, it also involves cross training to support both Production Control and Engineering.
Purchasing and negotiating skills are essential, but to be successful, one will also need strong interpersonal skills, an ability to interpret drawings and specifications, be detail oriented, an understanding of Production Control techniques, and a willingness to work in an environment of frequently fluctuating priorities. APICS Certification or Production Control experience is a plus.
US Citizenship and the ability to lift moderately heavy packages and loads will also be required.
In return, we offer:
- A stable work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Generous benefits package, including health insurance, wellness program, profit-sharing bonus plan, 401(k) with an employer match, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays & vacations, and more!
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan. Did we mention we are 100% employee-owned?
How to Appy:
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Linda Rollins, Director of Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ Helical Solutions- CNC Machinist
CNC Machinists - All Shifts: Excellent Training & Benefits!
Helical Solutions, part of Harvey Performance Company is a fun, dynamic, and fast-growing company of people who care about community, celebrating our successes, and creating opportunities for personal and professional advancement. Our CNC Tool Cutter Grinder Team Members are responsible for the setup and operation of our state-of-the-art CNC machinery, as well as the quality of the industry leading tools we produce. We are currently hiring for multiple shifts and offer a shift differential, along with a variety of other benefits.
As a CNC Machinist You Should Have:
- A desire to succeed in a fast paced growing company.
- A commitment to servicing our customers.
- An interest in working with new technologies, we have added 15+ CNC machines in the last year.
- Willingness to be cross-trained and work with all departments to get things done.
CNC Machinist Position Details: As a CNC Tool Cutter Grinder / Machinist, you will:
- Create, edit, and maintain CNC tool and cutter grinding programs, working with our state-of-the-art Walters and Rollomatic machines.
- Perform first piece and in-process inspection of product.
- Assist coworkers in keeping equipment running efficiently.
CNC Machinist Requirements:
- Associates degree in Machine Tool Technology preferred.
- Ability to follow engineering documents such as product drawings, process sheets, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines.
- That’s all! If you’re mechanically inclined or have graduated from a Machine Tool Technology/Precision Machining program, our hands-on training program will allow you to advance your skills and grow with the company!!
What we Offer:
- Hands-on training
- Career track
- Opportunity to work with state of the art equipment
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Shift differential
- 401k with employer contribution
- and more!!
More about us:
Harvey Performance is the leading North American designer and manufacturer of specialty carbide end mills and cutting tools used to cut and shape metals in precision machining applications, comprising the brands Harvey Tool Company and Helical Solutions. The company is the solution provider of choice for distributors and end users addressing complex machining challenges across a wide range of end markets, materials and applications.
The company has a highly scalable business model and an organization with both the plans and the resources needed to achieve further growth through SKU expansion in new and existing categories, increased share of purchases from existing customers, and acquisition of new end users. The Company has a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that promotes operational excellence and employee growth.
+ mWave-Financial Controller
mWave Industries, LLC is a leading global provider of innovative custom and commercial microwave antenna solutions with special focus on 60, 70, 80, 94 & 110 GHz Millimeter Wave Reflector Antennas. Our microwave antenna brands include the industry leading Mark Grid, Gabriel, mWAVE and Quickfire lines of terrestrial microwave antenna which are recognized worldwide for their robust designs and reliability. Established in 2004, we design and manufacture standard and custom microwave antenna products for commercial and government applications spanning the scientific, defense, and academic communities.
mWAVE recently was acquired by Alaris Holdings Ltd, a South African Company listed on the Johannesburg stock exchange.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the company financial planning and financial reporting, accounting and budget management. This position is hands-on and will serve as the only financial staff position in the US Market. It includes coordinating the relationships with outsourced partners for the HR and IT services to mWAVE. The position ensures the company accounting procedures conform to the internal financial control systems and works closely with the Managing Director as well as the Group CFO of Alaris Holdings in South Africa to ensure that the financial function adds value to further improve the financial performance of mWAVE.
- Direct, coordinate and report on company financial planning, forecasting, and budget management functions.
- Report the financial status of the company in an open, timely and accurate manner (annual reports, monthly accounts, fixed assets, receivables, payables, bank and cashflow management).
- Proactively evaluate and mitigate risks, and maintain internal controls considering changing trends and market/economic conditions.
- Identify, monitor, and report on the key performance indicators of the business.
- Safeguard all assets of the company
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and codes of business practice.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of regulatory and taxation reporting in terms of state and federal taxes and other company requirements.
- Coordination of annual financial audits and other compliance testing and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Implement and maintain ERP and/or financial and accounting systems, to include daily activity, monthly and annual closings, system maintenance and updates, system integrity and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate and assist with inhouse and outsourced human resources and information technology functions.
- Review and confirm accuracy of payroll
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Provide support to the Managing Director with cost accounting calculations for the company’s pricing strategy, and with other financial tasks as needed.
- Manage all company insurance policies in partnership with the Managing Director.
- Meet deadlines for JSE regulations regarding publication of results.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management with specialization in accounting.
- 3-4 years of applicable work experience within financial management / reporting in a global product sales and manufacturing environment
- Must be computer systems proficient and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to produce quality work within tight deadlines while managing multiple projects.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Candidate should have experience and demonstrated success in general finance, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, compliance, and production processes. Candidate should have strong communication skills, a high attention to detail, and ability to work in teams or alone. Should be competent in using database, Excel and resource planning software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- English language proficiency
- Proficiency with MS Office, expert level Excel and Word required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision or other well-known ERP applications
- Ability to self-manage, take initiative, plan and prioritize, and work independently.
- Possess strong problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Very detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (often using Skype or other electronic means).
- Ability to maintain high level of enthusiasm and flexibility
mWave is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position includes a benefits package with company contributions to health, dental, vision, and life insurances, available STD and LTD, and a Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees.
Salary range for this role is $50,000 - $75,000 annually, depending on experience.
+ Paradigm- Receiving Clerk
The Receiver is responsible for inspecting purchased materials for conformance to specifications, examine items for defects in materials, work, and damage occurring in transit. This position is responsible for comparing quantity and part number of items received with procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of order. Inspects and measures items for dimensional accuracy, fit, alignment, and functional operation, according to company or standards, and other specifications. Approves or rejects items, and records inspection and disposition information.
PRIMARY ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Complies with work scheduling and attendance requirements according to policy and practices.
- Consistently represents Paradigm Windows Solutions and its products in a positive manner and maintains professional demeanor at all times when interacting with vendors and customers, both internal and external.
- Coordinates all receiving activities including verifying receipt of shipments with purchase orders, noting any damage, missing items, maintains related records and conducts follow up with supervisor and others as appropriate.
- Keeps shipping area organized according to lay out set up by Warehouse Supervisor and according to existing 6S Standards.
- Attention to detail and knowledge of Shipping SOPs is critical.
- Operation of powered industrial equipment at all times in a congested area. This position requires an experience PIT Operator.
- Responsible for accurately putting away materials received throughout the day.
- Monitors safety compliance of employees unloading trucks including lifting techniques.
- Other duties as required
- Thorough knowledge of receiving procedures including inventory maintenance, storage and supply requisitioning.
- Thorough knowledge of product, ability to transfer materials accurately within an operating system.
- Ability to work in fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to cross train in all Receiving, Replenishment and Inventory Control Functions a must.
- Knowledge of safe work habits necessary for departmental staff to perform their duties injury free such as proper lifting techniques and use of company equipment.
- Strong organizational skills for coordinating all receiving functions.
Please contact Jennifer Morin to learn more! email@example.com 207-747-5800
+ Paradigm- Purchasing Agent
The Purchasing Agent is directly responsible for all aspects relating to the acquisition of goods and services from all Vendors assigned. The primary function of the Purchasing Agent is to maintain the incoming of materials needed to perform in all areas of the business from manufacturing to support functions. The Purchasing Agent is responsible for the entire process from purchasing to invoice approval of all Purchase Orders issued.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the creation and issuance of Purchase Orders.
- Reviews acknowledgements of all Purchase Orders issued to include correct product, unit of measure, quantity, cost and due dates.
- Monitors all relevant reports assigned to maintain the highest degree of accuracy and information possible.
- Is the primary contact for all assigned Vendors. Develops strong relationships with and corresponds with Vendors representatives for quotations, ensures that they maintain contact with vendors regarding current status of purchase orders.
- Reviews and approves all invoices for payment.
- Issues Return Merchandise Purchase Orders when necessary and monitors them to make sure credits are received in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels for all products assigned.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and reports all issues that require special handling to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Makes sure the flow of information on assigned vendors is passed onto those that need to have access to such information.
- Ensures that the Purchasing process and all procedures and policies in place are followed at all times.
- Performs all other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the entire Purchasing process, procedures and policies.
- Thorough understanding of the purchasing systems with the ability to learn new software programs.
- Ability to review acknowledgements for accuracy, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to compile accurate and complete receiving packets.
- Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
- Must possess good organizational skills with the ability to develop systems to organize, sort and file documents.
- Ability to monitor lead times and determine appropriate stock levels.
- Must be capable of working independently, under little direction, and must also have the ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to communication effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Capable of detecting problems, analyzing and researching them to develop and offer solutions.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
Please contact Jennifer Morin to learn more! firstname.lastname@example.org 207-747-5800
+ Form Tech Tool and Mold, Inc. - EDM Technician/Mold Maker
Form Tech Tool & Mold, Inc. is a well-established high precision mold making company that has been in business for over 27 years. Form Tech Tool & Mold, Inc. builds various types of injection molds for the plastics and silicone industries that produce medical and military products. We are currently seeking an EDM Technician/Mold Maker
- Must have 1 or more years’ experience programming EDM machines
- 2 years’ of experience with Mold Making is a plus
- Knowledge of electrode making is a plus, but not required
- Excellent mathematical skills and mechanical aptitude
- Accurate interpretation of blueprints, charts, and tables
- Estimate and measure sizes and distances accurately
- Build, revise, upgrade, and repair molds to extremely tight tolerances and time frames
- Willingness to work with Molding to establish best mold solution
- Pride in workmanship
- Preform other duties as assigned
- Must have own tools
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
- Team player that enjoys working with other craftsmen and is able to communicate and work well with other departments; engineering, molding, and management.
Pay range $17.00 - $24.00 per hour DOE. This is a full-time 1st shift position.
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Medical & Dental Insurance – Employer paid at 75%
- Safety Glasses and Safety Shoe allowance
- Retirement Investment Plan
Some overtime may be required. Submit your resume and cover letter to Melanie Tardif, Office Manager at email@example.com, for consideration.
Form Tech Tool & Mold, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
+ Volk Packaging Corporation - General Production Trainees for 2nd shift
Volk Packaging Corporation is looking for some General Production Trainees for our 2nd shift. Hours are 3:30-midnight or 3:30-2am(Overtime). We are starting at $15/hr and 2nd shift receives a 3% differential. Below is a short description:
2nd Shift!! Volk Packaging Corporation, a leader in design and manufacturing of corrugated box products and packaging solutions, is accepting resumes/applications for 2nd Shift production positions. These positions require physical strength to keep pace with machine production capabilities. Will feed machines on daily basis with multi-size corrugated product. Lifting, bending, stooping and carrying product required. Responsible for keeping work area clean and free of scrap. Ability to read a tape measure and apply basic math skills required. Good attendance required. Growth opportunities include backup forklift operator, baler, unitizer and slitter operations.
WE OFFER: ~Competitive Wages ~Full Benefit Package ~401(k) Plan ~Opportunity for Overtime ~Growth Within Company ~On-site Fitness Center Job Type: Full-time