2018 Applications Accepted Soon
January 1, 2018- April 30, 2018
The Maine Manufacturers Career and Training Foundation Education Fund (administered at the Manufacturers Association of Maine) scholarship awards are given to individuals who have demonstrated an outstanding record and the overall potential to attend an institution of higher learning, majoring in manufacturing trade or related areas (Mechanical Engineering, Machine Tool Technology, Sheet Metal Fabrication, Welding, CADCAM, etc.). This scholarship is restricted to the study of precision machining technology, manufacturing technology, welding and engineering and will be used to pay for tuition costs and textbooks only. MMCTF Ed Fund will be reimbursed any monies in account if student is unable to complete school. All applicants must be full-time students and maintain a minimum of a C average.
A scholarship committee composed of the Association’s members and staff will screen all applications starting after May 1st of each year. Your application must meet this deadline for consideration. The scholarship will be awarded for one year at a time. Applicants must reapply, in complete each year, if interested in a second scholarship. If you have any questions, contact the Manufacturers Association of Maine office.
- The applicant must have a sincere desire to further their education in the precision machining technology, manufacturing technology, welding or engineering.
- The recipient of any scholarship award must have applied to enter a precision machining technology, manufacturing technology, welding or engineering program at a Maine college/university in the fall, and must be accepted as a student at that college or university, and also must be a Maine resident.
The following factors will be used to determine the award of scholarships
- Personal qualifications of positive attitude, self motivated initiative, seriousness of intent and overall impression.
- Proven aptitude or demonstrated ability in the precision machining technology, manufacturing technology, welding or engineering.
- High school and post secondary records – scholastic and extracurricular.
Applicant must include each of the following with application
- Completed Scholarship application.
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent – or expected graduation date and school name.
- Copy of high school and/or post secondary transcripts.
- At least one letter (two preferred) of recommendation from a source outside your family, e.g., teacher, employer, business person, town leader, clergy, etc.
- In your own words, describe your goals, aspirations and accomplishments. Why and how did you decide on this career? Why do you think you should receive this scholarship? (use separate sheet, maximum one page)
Send completed application to:
- The Manufacturers Association of Maine
101 Mcalister Farm Road
Portland, ME 04103