LABORATORY INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
||Monday – Friday (or to be determined by Manager) & overtime as needed
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of NEL’s information systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities for the laboratory divisions: Environmental Chemistry, Microbiology, Indoor Air Quality
- Creates, tests and maintains VBA programs in Microsoft Office.
- Creates and maintains EDD (electronic data deliverables) to program.
- Ensures that LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) operates efficiently.
- Integrates laboratory instruments with LIMS.
- Works with users and management to keep IS systems updated as requirements change.
- Recommends hardware/software purchases as required.
- Trains users in computer-related areas.
- Must possess knowledge of computer hardware.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Performs all duties in accordance with established safety guidelines.
Assists the IS Manager in:
- Maintaining the network infrastructure and servers.
- Troubleshooting general PC software and hardware problems.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science.
Experience: Windows 7 & 10, MS Office, VBA, SQL & Access Databases, Autoscribe or related job experience.
Other: Must have good writing, organizational and communication skills.
Caron Engineering is a small but vibrant company working in the global CNC machine industry. We develop and produce accessories that allow our worldwide customer’s CNC machines to work smarter and more efficiently. We are growing rapidly and are in the process of building a new facility right here in Wells, Maine.
We are seeking a full-time software developer who would be willing to grow and learn with us. This position would responsible for supporting some (but not all) of the many software facets of Caron Engineering products. Any required training on these products, software, and related services would be supplied by the company. This position has a wide range of duties including the following:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical Skills Used at Caron Engineering:
- C++, C#
- Cross platform development expertise (Linux/Windows environments)
- Agile/Scrum to plan, track, and document all development
- Documentation for all design, coding, and testing
- Trouble-shooting skills
- Convert ideas and visions into solid technical designs and solusaftions (application coding and/or physical hardware components)
- Must be able to communicate well with on-site work contacts to support any Q&A and trouble-shooting; strong verbal and written skills with all colleagues
- Keeps manager informed of all important activities and decisions
- A pleasant personality is necessary as you spend a lot of time with coworkers; works well with a team
- All employees with disabilities should be able to perform the essential job descriptions with or without reasonable accommodation
Qualifications (Preferred, but not mandatory)
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer engineering
- Past experience in manufacturing is a strong plus
Company benefits include: fully paid employee medical insurance, 401(k), employee stock option plan (ESOP), disability & life insurance, paid vacation days (15 to start), holidays (6-8), sick days (5), and personal days (3). See us at www.caroneng.com .
To apply, please email your resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or schedule an appointment to visit by calling Derrill Vezina at (207) 641-6839.
Hunting Energy Services is a global manufacturer of precision machined parts since 1874. At Dearborn Division, located at 6 Dearborn Drive in Fryeburg, Maine we specialize in tubular products for industry leaders in oil & gas, aerospace, power turbine, and space exploration. We have a few openings for motivated individuals with high attention to detail to add to our team in our newly expanded air-conditioned facility.
The successful Machinist applicant is comfortable multi-tasking and flexible to the competing priorities of production. We have openings in several departments including Lathes, Milling, Turbines, Small and Med/Large Hole drilling and manual or CNC Machinist positions are available. Second shift (starting at 3:15pm) offers premium pay. The successful applicant will set up machine equipment and cutting tools according to process documents, load parts, set origins, execute CNC programs, make offset adjustments as necessary, inspect and document all features created during current operation. Although experienced machinists are preferred; training opportunities exist for applicants with the above mentioned qualities and a precision machinist mindset.
Hunting offers exceptional benefits including company sponsored (no or low cost) health, dental, vision, short term & long term disability, and life insurances. We also offer paid holidays, paid sick/vacation time, alongside a generous 401k plan.
Go to www.huntingforsuccess.com to find out more about available positions.
EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), VEVRAA, and Section 503, should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Dearborn Division, please call (207) 935-5153 or email email@example.com
Numberall Stamp & Tool Co., Inc. is seeking a full time Customer Service Manager
Numberall is seeking a full time Customer Service Manager. Our current Customer Service Manager will be retiring, and you will be training with him to learn the product line, our customers, marketing, office procedure, and all other aspects of the job.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties include answering phone, advising customers, quoting, taking and processing orders. Processing shipping forms, both small package and LTL truck freight, invoicing and filing of all types. Managing your sales team. Coordinating between manufacturing, engineering, and customers. Setting up and running marketing campaigns.
Qualifications and Skills
Require 2+ years experience as customer service rep (prefer manufacturing background). Education or Job Experience in mechanical, machining, or engineering. Need to have math skills in Trigonometry. Know how to read a blueprint. Have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, email, as well as order entry programs.
Benefits includes vacation, health insurance, HSA, profit sharing, prescription glass cost, tool allowance and more. Salary Range provided to qualified candidates.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
|The primary role of the Product Manager (PRM) is to develop, maintain and expand technical expertise in building accessory systems such as doors, lighting and electrical, HVAC, fire suppression and others.
The PRM will be the company subject matter expert in these accessory systems and will have organizational responsibility for both top and bottom line growth of this important business segment.
The PRM will be a key member of the sales and marketing team and will interface with Rubb engineering, purchasing, accounting and partner companies to capably supply of accessories to our customers.
The PRM will coordinate the flow of technical information and system design between vendors, Rubb engineering and Rubb sales personnel. To the maximum degree possible, the PRM will either self-perform any necessary design work or engage third party services where necessary. This design work will not extend to engineering or design of Rubb manufactured items.
The PRM will work with accounting/estimating to set all accessory pricing.
The PRM will develop specifications to be used by purchasing and for development of marketing materials to assist with the sales process.
The PRM will be responsible for training of the sales team and company partners on the features and benefits of the accessories sold.
The PRM will interface with and support the sales team in customer relations regarding accessory sales and interact with customers as necessary.
The PRM will be responsible to determine, oversee and direct third party product testing of both accessories and building components as necessary to achieve necessary product approvals.
|– Creative thinker who is open to exploring new opportunities for success.
– Strong communications skills and work ethic.
– Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts both verbally and through marketing and technical writing.
– Technical knowledge/aptitude for electrical and lighting design, HVAC system design, green energy solutions and general construction.
– General conceptual understanding of structural and mechanical engineering principles.
– Ability to read, understand and respond to architectural and mechanical drawings and specifications.
– Sufficient capability in CAD drafting (AutoCad or similar 2D) and/or rendering software (Google Sketchup, Rhino or similar) to be able to communicate concepts in basic drawings/sketches to vendors/customers.
– Ability to collaborate with the sales/marketing and engineering teams to set priorities and deliver quality and value to the customer.
– Absolute commitment to honest, organized behavior and commitment to profitably delivering accessories and systems that meet the customer’s long term needs cost effectively and safely.
– Ability to engage in limited travel to meet with customers, current or potential vendors or to occasionally attend trade shows as part of the sales/marketing team.
– Ability to effectively work independently and effectively manage and report on multiple complex projects.
– Ability to work with senior management to meet corporate objectives, to foster a positive, innovative internal work culture and to achieve high customer satisfaction.
|– Bachelor’s or Technical Degree preferred
|– MS Office – Excel, Word and Powerpoint at a minimum
– MS Project or other Project Management Software desired
|– Rubb offers a competitive salary and 401(k), health/dental insurance, company paid life insurance & short term and long term disability insurance, paid vacation, and more.
– Rubb is an equal opportunity employer. Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran. MHAV17. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background investigation and pre-employment physical.
Design and manufacturing company in the Northeast looking for an experienced Structural Detailer.
- Structural Detailing (CADD).
- Create 3D models and shop drawings from contract drawings, specifications and engineering.
- Prepare and modify existing models and drawings.
- Produce accurate shop drawings for fabrication.
- Prepare assembly drawings as needed.
- Check co-workers models and shop drawings.
- Update/maintain digital database.
- Detail oriented with good verbal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel), Outlook.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D CADD.
- BIM software (Tekla) experience preferred.
- Ability to review and understand contract drawings and specifications.
- 2+ years of Structural Detailing experience.
- Able to work immediately and from our office.
Rubb, Inc. offers a competitive salary, and an excellent employee benefit package.
Please apply by submitting your resume via this job posting.
Rubb offers a competitive salary and 401(k), health/dental insurance, company paid life insurance & short term and long term disability insurance, paid vacation, and more.
Rubb is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background investigation and pre-employment physical.
The primary focus of this position will be to fabricate from shop drawings various tube and struts for trusses and frames. Build axial / D-Frame jigs. Use correct steel for different operations. Must weld, burn, grind, or set up jigs. Use iron workers and possibly radial arm drill. He/she may be required to assist others or work other machines as required.
- Run and maintain shear press.
- Safely operate fork truck and gather steel or jigs.
- Measure tube size with metric tape and micrometers.
- Shear strut to fit roof, leg, axial frame and D-frame jigs.
- Squash and punch galvanized or black tubes to prints and keep correct count when finished.
- Use of hand tools.
- Perform assigned work to production and quality standards.
- Make routine decisions and problem solving techniques to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Report and document any material, production, or quality issues
- Ensure work environment is clean and safe.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
- Knowledge of power tools
- Needs to be competent at basic Metric measuring.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to safely operate a fork truck.
- Flexible and responsive with a strong teamwork orientation.
- Commitment toward quality, safety, and continual improvement.
- Excellent attendance with ability to work frequent overtime.
- Physically demanding position, stamina required.
- Lift, carry, push, and/or pull 1 – 70lbs frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Ability to work in a fast paced industrial environment while wearing vision and hearing protection, steel toed shoes, gloves and any other required protective equipment.
Rubb offers a competitive salary and 401(k), health/dental insurance, company paid life insurance & short term and long term disability insurance, paid vacation, and more.
Rubb is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. MHAV17. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background investigation and pre-employment physical.
Kennebec Technologies is a premier aerospace machine shop located in Augusta, Maine with a commitment to long term relationships with high quality aerospace companies and employees looking for real career opportunities. The majority of our work is for commercial airframes and engines with long term contracts for long term programs. Our prime location in the capital district provides central access to Maine’s famous coast, pristine mountains, lakes and rivers. The cost of living is reasonable and this opportunity will allow you to combine your career and your passions.
At Kennebec Technologies you will be working with the newest, most sophisticated technologies and systems in a great work environment with comprehensive benefits including relocation assistance. Ready to grow your career? Call today or send your resume to: email@example.com
Summary of Position and Responsibilities:
Responsible for running jobs complete from setup thru 1st piece, in-process inspection and job tear down.
Qualifications of Candidate:
Job Requirements: Familiar with Matsuura, Okuma, Kiwa or Mori Seiki machines. Machine programming a plus.
Education Requirements: 2 year Machine Tool Technology degree, Machinist Apprenticeship Program or related experience.
Experience Requirements: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the metal machining trade.
Employee owned with an employee stock plan, competitive benefits, health, dental, 401k and paid vacation/holidays. Plus a 15% second shift differential !!!
Love the hustle and bustle of the waterfront? Want to work in the seafood business in Maine? Join the Bristol team. Bristol Seafood is a progressive, growing company based on the fish pier in Portland, Maine.
Our values are who we are, and these are our five core values:
- Honest – always tell the truth…..period.
- Curious and Adaptive – welcome change and improvements and naturally want to learn to do things better.
- Makes fact-based decisions – decisions are based on facts and analysis – not just intuition.
- Owner oriented – team members approach their role as though they were a company owner.
- Get Stuff Done Right (GSDR) – We take the time to do what is right – the first time. The goal is to get things done “right,” not simply to get things done.
- If your values align with ours, we want to talk to you!
We are looking to hire a Facility & Machine Maintenance Technical Leadperson in Portland –
Job overview: Job responsibilities include but are not limited to ensuring proper maintenance of all manufacturing and support equipment as well as the facility and its support systems. Must be a good communicator and have good leadership, organizational and supervisory skills. Must be hands on. Must be able to order and organize spare parts for production and facility equipment.
Job requires lifting, pulling, bending, climbing of ladders, working inside and outside the facility etc. Must be able to perform maintenance responsibilities without supervision. Must be able to read and comprehend detailed maintenance manuals, schematics, diagrams and prints and must have basic math and computer skills. Must be able to attend training seminars and comprehend information in a classroom setting. Job requires employee to provide their own basic tools.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Machine and Automation functions
- Must have a complete understanding of how production equipment functions and how each equipment component relates to the overall operation of the equipment.
- Must have the ability to perform, implement and instruct others on detailed troubleshooting and repair methods that result in an increased efficiency on a sustained basis.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair equipment with a detailed understanding of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams.
- Must have complete understanding of all tools and equipment as well as basic machining skills necessary for quality repairs. (power tools, meters, gauges, tooling etc.)
- Must have a complete understanding of all rebuilding procedures
- Must be capable of basic plumbing and carpentry skills as it relates to production equipment and the facility.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with outside technical support to effect repairs.
- Can establish detailed maintenance procedures efficiently.
- Must have the ability to assess new situations and establish effective procedures for repair.
- Master the concepts and troubleshooting of all support equipment.
- Must have a complete understanding of all support equipment functions (Air compressors, chillers, cooling tower, etc.) and the efficient methods of troubleshooting and repair.
- Must be capable of implementing start up and shut down procedures for all manufacturing and support equipment.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of the facility layout and its support systems.
- Must know where all electrical services are located.
- Must have an understanding of the wastewater discharge system.
- Must understand the operation of all ventilation and Heating systems.
- Must have detailed knowledge of process control
- Must understand the principals of process control as they relate to molded product.
- Must understand and implement process control as it relates to maintenance of equipment.
- Must be able to work with and direct internal and external resources.
- Must be able to train new employees in maintenance field.
- Must be able to work with and direct outside contractors with limited management involvement.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and follow through with direction of outside technical support services.
- A four-year degree is preferred, but will consider anyone with five years plus related experience or equivalent education and experience.
Performs all other duties related or unrelated to the job as directed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
plus: 5 years
Contact Andreea Paine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Professor of Engineering
This document describes duties that the Academy expects of faculty members. These may change with each academic year, through discussions between you and your department head/dean/vice president. You will be reviewed and evaluated on the basis of how well you perform these duties.
The incumbent will teach general undergraduate engineering courses typically, but not exclusively, including: machine tool operations, graphic design, CAD & CNC technology and associated labs as assigned by the Engineering Department Head.
Teaching responsibilities include time spent in the classroom, machine shop laboratory and in immediate preparation for these; maintaining and improving competence in subjects being taught; preparing contemporary teaching materials; conferring with students on course materials; directing individual and group studies when applicable; reviewing written examinations and papers; evaluating presentations and projects; supervising independent study, student capstone projects, faculty projects, and supervising or teaching machine tool operations and applications specific to machine tool & CNC operations.
Student advising includes time spent meeting with students regarding academic, curricular and career matters including assistance with student class scheduling and class registration.
Academy service includes, but is not limited to, service on the Faculty Senate, Academy and departmental committees and assisting other faculty members with projects. Professional service implies the use of academic and professional expertise to serve your profession, the community, the state, the nation, or the world.
Professors must evidence their documented and continued professional development. Scholarship enables individuals to remain current in the theory, practice, knowledge, skills and/or pedagogy of their disciplines. For some, scholarship and continued professional development may mean hands-on development and training in industry. The scholarly expectations of faculty should be consistent with the mission and purposes of Maine Maritime Academy.
OTHER ASPECTS OF FACULTY PERFORMANCE
Collegiality, as well as professional and ethical conduct, enhances teaching, learning and the general reputation of all persons in the academy. Therefore, all faculty members are expected to serve in a collegial fashion and in accordance with professional and ethical principles when dealing with other faculty members, students, administrators, and members of the public.
- To teach at undergraduate level in areas allocated by the Department Head or Dean.
- To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing lesson plans and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams, machine tool projects and other assessments of students within and without your department.
- To provide advice and support to students.
- Inform students of their progress by promptly returning projects, quizzes, papers and exams.
- Hold minimum of 1 office hour for every 3 credit hours taught weekly.
- To participate in the administration of the department’s programs and other activities as requested.
- To contribute to departmental, faculty, or Academy-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- To maintain one’s own continuing professional development.
- To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations.
- Expected to advise students in the engineering undergraduate programs, and assist in department academic and administrative functions including serving on departmental and campus-wide committees.
All academic faculty are expected to demonstrate their ongoing commitment to academic excellence; that is, to the conduct of possible research, publication, teaching and other forms of knowledge transfer, at the highest levels of achievement.
- Teaching and other forms of public presentation.
- Proven record of ability to supervise academic work by undergraduates.
- Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to write clearly and tailor communication style to meet the needs of the recipient.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to share in organization and management of various Academy programs.
- Commitment to high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- Commitment to MMA’s policy of equal opportunity and the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of all genders, cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrate integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to changing priorities and conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology from an accredited college plus appropriate professional credentials.
- At least five years of industrial experience in machine shop & general CNC practice
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Master’s Degree together with an appropriate professional credentials.
- Prior marine experience and or USCG license is highly desirable.
- Prior college-level, technical school, or teaching experience is highly desirable.
- Prior machine shop experience, mechanical drawing/print reading, CAD and CNC experience should include solid and surface modeling.
- Background check is required
- Must present original copies of transcripts
- Current Drug-Free screening certificate or pre-employment drug test and proof of current USCG physical or equivalent (within last 12 months)
- Typical classroom and office environment are in multi-story buildings with elevator access.
- Work in the labs may require: Climbing up and down ladders and gangways, lifting and carrying materials, occasional work in excess heat, cold, dampness or dry atmospheric conditions.
- Those planning to participate on the training cruise must be capable of the following:
- Living and working in cramped spaces on a rolling vessel and maintain balance on a moving deck.
- Rapidly donning an exposure suit and other lifesaving gear.
- Opening and closing watertight doors.
- Occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Climbing steep stairs or vertical ladders without assistance.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, résumé, completed MMA Application*, MMA Self-Identification Form**, copies of applicable professional certifications, transcripts and/or licenses, contact information for at least three professional references, and a completed MMA Application Checklist to email@example.com or via fax to 207-326-2134.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
In the subject line of your email, please write the full title of the position you are applying for and your name. For all faculty appointments, official college transcripts must be received prior to a formal offer being made for employment. All offers are made contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation. Individuals cruising onboard our ships are also required to undergo a pre-employment drug-screening.
*Pages 2 and 3 of the MMA Application must be signed and dated by hand or signed electronically using an electronic signature verification service. Electronic signatures, to include images of hand-written signature, will not be accepted unless so verified.
**Please do not include the MMA Self-Identification form in the same document as your application materials. You may attach it to the same email as a separate document.
For the health and wellbeing of our community, the Maine Maritime Academy campus and vessels (ashore and afloat) are smoke- and tobacco-free as of August 1, 2016.
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities. The Academy provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals upon request.
Women, minorities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
MMA is unable at this time to sponsor visas. We welcome foreign nationals with valid U.S. work authorization to apply.
With our new state of the art facility set to open in July, we are excited to offer long-term manufacturing jobs in this great State of Maine!
If you have CNC and fabrication experience, can identify material types and gauges and are interested in being part of a rock solid, growing fabrication/manufacturing team, we want to talk to you!
- Experience in CNC Press Brake and/or CNC Laser Punch required
- Experience in sheet metal fabrication strongly preferred
- Must be confident in your ability to offer recommendations in design and tooling updates and adjustments
We offer competitive pay and a fantastic benefits package including health, holiday and vacation pay, 401K contribution and education assistance.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to:
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS.
Prescott Metal is an equal opportunity employer.
Prescott Metal is looking for an experienced CNC Programmer/Engineer to join their growing organization in Biddeford, ME. This position is responsible for programming the Laser and the Prima Laser/Punch Combo using CAD/CAM software and customer provided drawings.
- Assist customers and employees with design needs using SolidWorks 3D modeling software
- Develop programming code using customer data
- Utilize Solid Works CAD software
- Assist customers with redesigns / design improvements and operators with drawing detail and interpretation
- Perform quality verification on all incoming work, revision and change orders
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years sheet metal programming experience required
- SolidWorks modeling software experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Metacam camming software is a plus
- Must be extremely accurate and detail oriented and be able to interpret complicated drawings
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
Prescott Metal offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements by applying online at:
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE.
Prescott Metal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prescott Metal is looking to add a Shipper/Receiver to their growing organization. If you consider yourself a “go-getter” with high energy, excellent attention to detail and a clean, valid driver’s license, we would love to hear from you.
- Prepare and package parts in a manner that will allow for damage free delivery while adhering to standard packaging guidelines.
- Maintain lists of packaged and skidded product to ensure all shipping paperwork is accurate
- Assist in safe loading of delivery vehicles and load product to ensure it’s protected during transit
- Transport product/shipments locally with company vehicles as needed.
- Ensure all company vehicles are maintained and in safe working condition
- Manage inventory of all packaging materials and pallet inventory while maintaining, cleaning and organizing work areas
- Visual inspection of delivered product to ensure no shipping damage has occurred and communicate any damages/issues with the right personnel.
- 1+ years’ shipping/receiving experience
- Certified to use battery operated pallet jack or be trained to do so
- Must have a valid, unexpired Maine driver’s license – Class B license preferred
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and maintain a positive attitude
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. and drive distances up to 300 miles per day with minimal breaks
Prescott Metal takes pride in the men and women that have made, and continue to make, the company what it is today. They offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
Please submit your resume and cover letter.
APPLY TODAY: https://kmahumanresourcesconsulting.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0m5l6?cjb_hash=O_LZYS72&apply_now=true
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS.
Prescott Metal is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Shipfitter
Reports To: Shipfitting
Positions, aligns, fits, and tack welds steel parts to assemble and form various ship units and subunits. May also perform various outfitting tasks as required.
- To perform the primary job requirements satisfactorily and safely.
- Follows shop floor blue prints and layout specifications consistent with marine ship structure.
- Must be able to determine information to fabricate, erect and install ships structures, plates, bulkheads, frames, braces, foundations, structural closures and various outfitting items from blueprint drawings.
- Uses various tools such as tape measure (fractions), square and level to user structure compliance.
- Aligns and fits parts according to specifications, using jacks, wedges, pry bar and hammer.
- Uses overhead crane to move pieces in place as necessary.
- Performs burning cuts, bevels and flushes steel with torch.
- Uses various hand tools to include grinder, chipping chisel, needle gun, drill, etc.
- Must be able to tack weld flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead welds on various thickness of steel structure (typically 3/8” to 1 “.
- Must be able to safely rig steel and structures when using overhead crane to move and place steel and components.
- Aligns parts in relation to each other using crane, jacks, come-a-longs, wedges and hammers.
- Properly use sucker tubes to collect fumes and dust particles associated with welding.
- Properly wear all required PPE.
- Performs various outfitting tasks as required to complete the ship.
- All other duties and tasks as assigned.
2-3 years of welding experience within a commercial or industrial environment (marine experience preferred).
SMAW and FCAW certifications and work experience desired.
Vocational school training or other equivalent OJT training desired.
Strong mechanical aptitude with fundamental understanding of various shipbuilding practices.
Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
Must be able to periodically lift 50 pounds.
Must be able to safely access ABS manway confined space entrances measuring 15” wide by 23” tall from a vertical orientation. (Our primary concern is for the health and safety of the worker and being able to quickly rescue a worker should they become ill or injured)
Must be to stand, walk, use stairs, sit, lift, carry objects, perform overhead reaching in all directions, pushing, pulling twisting, climbing, balancing, bending, crouching, work from heights, work in confined space as necessary with shipfitting demands.
Must have good manual dexterity and eye to hand coordination with welding and fitting activities.
Job Title: Marine Electrician
Reports To: Electrical
Position supports new vessel AC and DC wiring of all ship service power for motors, generators, communications, navigation, audio/visual, system monitors, pumps, winches, appliances, lighting and all other equipment.
- To perform the primary job requirements satisfactorily and safely.
- Performs installation, termination and testing of various copper cable assemblies.
- Installs various AC/DC switchboards and connections.
- Installs appropriate wiring for motors, generators and controllers.
- Installs both general electrical and lighting services.
- Shoots studs to support cable hangers and wire way racks.
- Assures proper cable types meeting utility/system specifications.
- Installs communications and navigation systems.
- Follows engineering drawings, electrical schematics, layout drawings and specifications consistent with marine ship structure.
- All other duties and tasks as assigned.
2-3 years of commercial and or residential wiring experience desired with some exposure to marine AC/DC applications desired but not necessary.
Vocational or technical school training or other equivalent OJT training desired.
Strong electrical/mechanical aptitude with fundamental understanding of various wiring application codes.
Prefer an understanding of ABS requirements and or ABYC, however, not required.
Understanding of wiring schematics and design prints as well as troubleshooting electrical systems and circuits.
Must have own basic electrician tools (request tool requirement list)
Must be able to periodically lift 30 pounds.
Must be to stand, walk, use stairs, sit, lift, carry objects, perform overhead reaching in all directions, pushing, pulling twisting, climbing, balancing, bending, crouching, work from heights, work in confined space as necessary with required electrical systems. Must have good manual dexterity and eye to hand coordination with working various sizes of electrical wiring, connections and breaker fuses.